· To ensure compliance with all relevant statutory legislation and the internal company Safety Health and Environment Standards.
· Understand the health and safety responsibilities of employers, managers, supervisors and employees within the organization;
· Advise and support the Country Manager / Site Manager in the implementation of policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, leave management, disciplinary procedures and absence management;
· Analyzing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
· Provide advice and guidance on local labor law and legislation.
· Support the recruitment of site staff, including, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selection.
· Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits;
· Administer payroll and maintaining employee records e.g. leave overtime etc.
· Provide HR reports for the site management team / HQ
· Master degree/ National Diploma in a Human Resource related subject
· Human Resources Management, Business Management, Industrial Relations, Administration, Industrial Psychology
Knowledge and specific Experience
· 5 years of experience in an HR/administrative position
· Performance Management and training and development
· Organizational skills and the ability to understand detailed information;
· Managing/operating computerized payroll and benefits systems;
· Experience in working with international expatriates
· Good knowledge of departmental and organizational operations and procedures
Interpersonal & Management Skills
· IT Literate.
· Ability to communicate with people at all levels. Fluent in English
· Committed to maintaining and improving Health and Safety.
· Self-motivated with a proven ability to motivate others
· A willingness to embrace change in our drive for continuous improvement.