• Supervise and control all activities related to suppliers and make sure that the payments are timely done. Performance consistent with and in accordance with the Group set deadline, standards and targets.
• Manage the tax matters in the Tunisian Branch, by ensuring that there is adequate compliance with the various tax laws, practices and procedures in the country. The term “tax” incorporates direct taxes on income (i.e. corporate tax), indirect taxes such as VAT, withholding taxes, stamp duties, registration fees, salary taxes and license fees and other duties and levies related to VE businesses.
• Ensure that all transactions of the company are properly and correctly captured in the system and supported by appropriate documentation strictly in compliance with the company’s financial controls and procedures.
• Ensure that AP integrity and Control reports are always clean.
• Ensure that constantly and timely actions are taken to resolve all issues impacting AP integrity reports and JDE AP KPIs target.
• Regularly review accounting for the corporate tax, VAT, Withholding Tax, Pay as You Earn (PAYE) and any other taxes to ensure compliance with existing tax rules and recommend remedial actions for any gaps.
• Monitor changes in tax regulations and advise on the best way to comply.
Corporation Tax and Refund Reporting
• Timely preparation, submission and payment of tax returns to Inland Revenue
• Assist the controller in the preparation and computation of tax for statutory accounts and lodge final tax return with the authorities.
• Provide leadership in the timely and accurate preparation, submission of all refund reports to local management.
• Manage the specific Tax issues and claims with the Tax advisor