Logistique / Transport...
Méthodes / Process /...
Niveau d'expérience requis : De 1 à 3 ans
Niveau d’études: Bac +5 et plus
Secteur d'activité : Transport / Messagerie / Logistique
Région : Tanger et région
Publication : du
22/04/2019 au 22/06/2019
Type de formation: Non renseigné
Type de contrat : CDI
Pays : Maroc
Postes proposés : 1
Poste avec Management : Oui
Operations Supervisor - Tangier
APM Terminals is one of the world’s leading global port/terminal owners and operators with a global terminal network of more than 63 ports and terminals in 40 countries with 7 new terminal development projects and 7 expansion programs now underway. APM Terminals also manages 170 Inland Services operations in 48 countries. The company employs 23,000 professionals across a total of 68 countries spanning five continents.
APM Terminals serves every major trade lane with a truly global presence, providing our customers with the most advanced terminal technology, equipment and operations in the industry.
APM Terminals Medport Tangier is a greenfield project under construction, it will be the third container terminal of the Tanger Med complex APM Terminals Tangier handled 1.7 million TEUs in 2015. APM Terminals Medport Tangier will be a facility with up to 2,000 meters of quay.
Our Tangier team is currently bringing people, expertise and technology together to usher in a new era in African ports for today’s business world through world-class operations in the safest, most environmentally friendly manner.
Safety for Life !
Under guidance of the Execution Manager this position supervises a group of foremen, quay crane checkers, operators & drivers ensuring subordinates perform their jobs efficiently, safety and in a timely manner.
With an emphasis on operations on the quay, yard and gates, the position ensures effective and timely coordination of various activities which contribute to the achievement of targeted productivity
- Manage, motivate and instruct operational team members.
- Structure tasks and goals, and establish efficient courses of action, set priorities, organize information, efficiently execute daily tasks with considerations for high productivity through the effective allocation and utilization of equipment and labor.
- Responsible under the direction of the Execution Manager for the allocation and control of shift operational staff and the effective utilization of equipment resources to meet planned objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining a satisfactory level of staff discipline during the shift and report to Execution Manager in cases of any violations.
- Ensure that safe working practices according to TM2 policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Supervise vessel berthing / sailing and mooring gang operations.
- Act as focal point to the vessel, yard and gate for any stevedoring issues
- Coordinate the allocation of outsourced shuttle carriers operators and provide adequate supervision
- Allocation of lashing gangs to specific vessels and responsibility for ensuring unlashing/lashing work is done according to the work plan and to a satisfactory standard.
- Ensure lashing staff are adequately and timely deployed to the lashing platform in coordination with the lashing foreman.
- Inform and liaise with shift IT staff on equipment IT issue/ failure.
- Regular personal contact with ships officers and crew during berthing / sailing and vessel operations.
- Supervise and ensure smooth execution of gates activities and diligently manage exceptions with the gate manager.
- “Hot seat” handover policy has to be maintained at all the times to ensure continuous and smooth operations.
- Coordinate adjustment to load/discharge sequence as necessary with the vessel planner in order to maximize production.
- Provide regular process control checks and initiate and support performance improvement activities.
- Undertake all duties and responsibilities in accordance with APM Terminals Code of Conduct.
Profil recherché :
Who we are looking for
- Requires a Master in operational research (or any related field) or Engineering degree
- Well versed with Lean & Six Sigma
- 2-3 years of previous leadership experience involving on the field work with large amount of workers/labor.
- Requires the ability to work well under pressure for long hours.
- Requires a high level of planning and organizational skills.
- Must be computer literate and continuous improvement driven.
- Previous experience in the port environment is an advantage.
- Holding a valid driving license.
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills in English and French as well as fluency in the local language.
- Requires good interpersonal skills to interact across section of the company’s departments, at all levels, and with subcontractors.
Type de contrat :