Gestion projet / Etudes / R&D
Gestion projet / Etudes / R&D
Niveau d'expérience requis : De 5 à 10 ans
Niveau d’études: Bac +5 et plus
Secteur d'activité : Enseignement / Formation
Région : Marrakech et région
Publication : du
21/05/2019 au 21/07/2019
Type de formation: Ecole d'ingénieur
Type de contrat : CDI
Pays : Maroc
Postes proposés : 1
Poste avec Management : Oui
Laboratory Manager - Benguerir
Located at the heart of the future Green City of Benguerir, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P), a higher education institution with an international standard, is established to serve Morocco and the African continent. Its vision is honed around research and innovation at the service of education and development. This unique nascent university, with its state-of-the-art campus and infrastructure, has woven a sound academic and research network, and its recruitment process is seeking high quality academics and professionals in order to boost its quality-oriented research environment in the metropolitan area of Marrakech.
Job Description / Profile:
The Manager will be answerable to the Center Director on general issues; his or her key strategic deliverables and sub-deliverables are the following ones but aren’t limited to:
- Laboratory Development and Management:
- Maintains the equipment performance of the Laboratory by establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- In case some chemicals remain in stock and cannot be used due to expiry or other reasons, ensure their quick disposal in line with the UM6P regulations or guidelines.
- Maintains the productivity of the Laboratory by monitoring the workload of functional areas; identifying peak and slack periods; making operational or staffing adjustment1.6 Coordinate the day to day activities of the laboratory and supervise the technicians.
- Prepare staff, laboratory operation and equipment budget required and submit to the Center Director.
- Conduct frequent checks about the implementation of safety and good management of the Laboratory
- Itemize and develop technical specifications for list of equipment and consumables needed in the soil laboratories.
- Ensure the analytic wet chemistry and spectral analysis results are of international standards and comparable to those of accredited laboratories.
- Ensure that purchased chemicals and reagents are in accordance with the demand and used before their shelf life expires.
- Ensure that consumables, particularly hazardous chemicals are handled in a safe manner so that they don’t create health problems to staff working in the laboratory.
- Develop guidelines for quality assurances and database management:
- Develop automated sample coding and tracking method
- Establish the African soil archives
- Prepare a strategy for capacity building, networking, service deliveries and stakeholder engagement
- Participate in research development and implementation activities
- Prepare a periodical report and annual action plan
Profil recherché :
Relevant qualification and experience:
A candidate with a PhD degree in chemistry, physical chemistry or agricultural chemistry and a a minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing soils/plants laboratory using high end analytical equipment is preferred.
- Bilingual and good communication skills (French and English language)
- Master of Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint ….)
- Rigor and conscientiousness
- Good organizational skills
- Leadership and take initiatives
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team
Type de contrat :