Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa’s first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 150 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco and Egypt. Over the past years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, has provided a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with the airline's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.
Présentation de l’entreprise
Air Arabia Maroc est membre du groupe Air Arabia. Basé à Casablanca, Air Arabia Maroc est le premier transporteur à bas coût (LCC) du Maroc. La compagnie aérienne a été lancée en avril 2009 et se concentre sur une offre qui allie confort, fiabilité et un excellent rapport qualité-prix.
Adresse de l’entreprise. 04 Rue Carthage, Quartier les Iris, Casablanca
Raison social de l’entreprise :Air Arabia Maroc
Secteur d’activité.Compagnie aérienne
Liens d’une Vidéos de l’entreprise :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXcaeHzMwgs
1. Coordinates the issuance, update and renewal of pilot’s licenses, necessary passes and certificates to facilitate their work on daily basis. Continuously follows up with pilots on the renewal of licenses and passes to ensure compliance with Air Arabia Maroc policies and DGAC/CAA regulations.
2. Supports the Pilots with their Aero-medical check-ups formalities; arranges initial medical appointments and necessary documents for new recruits; tracks medical expiries, proactively plans and coordinates with the respective designated clinic to facilitate the renewal of medical cards.
3. Updates the Cesar System with necessary data, expiry dates and validations of licenses, medical cards and other documents as per required by the DGAC/CAA for audit purposes
4. Handles function purchases and expense claims including uniforms, stationery and business cards as per instructed and in line with agreed budget; processes requests on the ISR. Coordinates with Finance for timely settlement of all function related invoices andHR on all matters related to pilots including but not limited to attendance, leave, business trips, claims, and letters.
5. Generates regular and ad-hoc communication and notices for pilots as instructed by the Chief Pilot or Head of Flight Operations, this includes Notices to Pilots and the Joint Notices to pilots and cabin crew
6. Attends meetings when required, prepares and communicates minutes of meeting as directed by the Chief Pilot. Assists pilots with any needed files or material timely and regularly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management/Administration or equivalent is preferred.
- 3 years of related working experience in an administrative or coordination role in the operations department in any industry, experience with Airlines/Aviation industry is an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel, Internet and Web Search.
- Relative experience in handling rosters, schedules and spread sheets is a must
- Possesses good organizing as well as time management skills in a frequently changing environment
- Good in English Language; Arabic and French are an advantage ( (verbal, written)