Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields
The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa.
Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
UM6P - Vacancy for a position of Database & IS Engineer
Position Announcement - Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P), AgroBioSciences (AgBS)
Job Title: Database & IS Engineer
Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P,https://www.um6p.ma/en) is an international higher education institution, established to provide research and innovation at the service of education and development for Morocco and the African continent. It has a state-of-the-art campus at the heart of the Green City of Benguerir, near Marrakesh. UM6P academics and staff enjoy strong research funding, moderate teaching loads, and excellent facilities. Its research approach is transdisciplinary with an emphasis on international collaboration. Many of our research programs run as start-ups. OCP group (http://www.ocpgroup.ma/en/home), a world leader in fertilizer production, is a major starter client for the University providing capital and research funds. In parallel, a new portfolio of clients is growing with the development of an R&D cluster around the University and a growing number of international partnerships.
About AgroBioSciences (AgBS) :
The AgroBioSciences (AgBS) program is a component of the Science & Technology pole of Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P). It constitutes a structure of higher education and practical-based research with a vision of solving real African agriculture challenges leveraging up to date science and technology.
Oriented towards Africa, AgBS acts in connection with a wide network of universities and research centers around the continent in order to link real field issues with up to date science.
AgBS is composed of four main units:
• School of Agriculture (ESAFE) which is oriented towards graduate studies, in linkage with specific African agriculture scientific challenges. Its vision is to have a recognized reputation in Africa with a strong E-Learning Platform. The majority of the ESAFE students comes from abroad, all around the continent. The ESAFE target is to reach around 1.000 full-time students by 2024.
• AgriBioTek Research Center leverages up to date technologies in the service of African agriculture challenges. It is a multidisciplinary research center with the ambition to conduct relevant and cutting-edge research with a positive impact on the African agriculture. It is based on the collaboration and synergy of several research programs targeting diverse disciplines of research in agriculture, including: Microbiome, Omics, Plant Physiology and Crop Improvement, Plant Pathology, By-products Valorization, Soil Sciences, Agronomy and Sustainable Farming…
• Center of Excellence for Soil and Fertilizer Research in Africa (CESFRA) aims to be a reference in Africa for soil analysis, soil mapping and fertilization recommendations.
• African Innovation and Technology Transfer Center (AITTC) is a sustainable farming center that is aiming to develop a network of 14 operational experimental farms in Africa in collaboration with local institutions in order to address real field challenges.
AgBS is linked to a wide network of development institutions that aim to improve agriculture in Africa.
As part of the Center for Soil and Fertilizer Research in Africa (CESFRA), the African Soil Informatics Laboratory’s mission is to produce high resolution maps of African soils for decision support. To achieve its aim, CESFRA recruits a Database & IS engineer, who will design and maintain databases and programs for this unit.
• Design and maintain database
• Manage the geographic information workflow
• Write database programs
• Monitor database and programs
• Review database reports
• Manage and monitor
Education, qualifications and experience
Applications and selection procedure:
Applications are to be sent on the hiring platform no later than October 9th. Application folder must contain:
Informal inquiries should be addressed to Oumaima Rami (Oumaima.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Selection will continue until a suitable candidate is found. The successful candidate is expected to start in November 2020.