Cette offre d’emploi n’est plus d’actualité.
Responsable de Département
Niveau d'expérience requis :
Secteur d'activité : Enseignement / Formation
Région : Fès et région | Maroc
Publication : du
17/03/2020 au 25/05/2020
Type de contrat : CDI
Poste avec Management : Oui
Postes proposés : 1
Dean of Student Affairs (Ifrane)
Inaugurated in 1995 by His Majesty King Hassan II and Crown Prince Abdallah bin Abdel-Aziz of Saudi Arabia, Al Akhawayn University redefines the classic American liberal arts educational experience on an architecturally stunning modern campus amidst the beauty of Morocco's Middle Atlas Mountains.
- A uniquely international common core program for all undergraduate students, providing the basis for a well-rounded global education.
- Rich academics, in English, encouraging choice and experimentation, in all schools and programs of study.
- A comfortable, safe, exciting residential student life on campus, featuring hundreds of University student-run activities, with over 96 percent of undergraduates living on campus with roommates from around Morocco and the four corners of the world.
- The peace and pleasures of Ifrane, a center for outdoor exploration of mountains, streams, lakes, and more, with many entertainment options and easy access to major cities such as Rabat, Casablanca, Fez, Meknes, and more.
The Human Resources & Administration department invites external applicants for the position of Dean of Student Affairs.
Reporting Line: The Vice President for Student Affairs
Span of control: Campus Life and Athletics, Health Center, Interfaith Services, First Year Experience Program, Student Counseling Services, Office of International Programs, and Campus Stores.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Manage campus life by overseeing the work of the Campus Life Director and following up the work of units that provide student learning and development opportunities;
- Ensure excellent services of the units and the programs that provide university-wide support services such as the First Year Experience program, the Health Center, Student Counseling Services, Office of International Programs, the Campus Stores, Housing, Dining, and Interfaith Services, as well provide quality service to all students;
- Help put in place co-curricular learning programs that are well integrated with the academic life of the University to partner and engage students for their personal growth and development;
- Implement a student-centered approach in the development of services and activities, with the aim of delivering excellent service and user satisfaction;
- Develop an engagement model with parents to ensure their satisfaction and engagement
- Put in place programs aiming at increasing student empowerment, engagement and entrepreneurship in all aspects of their education including active participation in student life activities and respect of high standards of behavior;
- Help establish a student culture where diversity is encouraged and where students learn to respect differences, take responsibility for their actions, and exercise leadership;
- Make sure policies and procedures, work processes, and service level agreements are in place, up-to-date, communicated, and fully enforced;
- Lead the preparation of the strategic plan and action plans of the units of the Division of Student Affairs in line with the University Strategic Plan, and play a leadership role in their execution;
- Prepare and manage the budget of the Division of Student Affairs.
Additional Responsibilities :
- To perform other tasks and duties as required.
Profil recherché :
Doctoral Degree or equivalent.
- Student development theory, programs, and services,
- Assessment of student outcomes,
- Governance and structure of universities.
- Excellent communication skills (English, Arabic, French,)
- Positive energy and enthusiasm,
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Create a climate that is responsive to student concerns,
- Build consensus,
- Motivate, empower, and stimulate students and staff.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 18 March at 12:00 (GMT+1).
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a letter of application and a CV.
The Search Process: Screening will begin as soon as possible, and short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews. The successful candidate will need to take the position right after notification.
For internals: A prior written approval from the head of unit is required.
Type de contrat :