APM Terminals is a port infrastructure leader, uniquely positioned to help both shipping line and landside customers grow their business and achieve better supply chain efficiency, flexibility and dependability.
Part of A.P. Moller-Maersk, we leverage more than 100 years of industry experience to design and build high-quality container terminals.
APM Terminals MedPort Tangier is one of the most technologically advanced, efficient and safest terminals in the world. It’s ranked as a leading African port and amongst the world’s top 50 container ports worldwide. Located at Tangier Med 2 port complex, we have officially launched the operations on June the 28th, 2019, and we have been bringing experienced and young talents since 2016.
Joining us in lifting global trade, means being part of an exceptional field, where the right combination of experience, energy and ambition are given the opportunity to advance and develop throughout their careers!
For further information, visit our website : http://apmterminals.rekrute.com/
• Follow up on the correct loading of containers and HC on the vessel
• Assist the RCC and report any anomalies on board to the Operation Supervisor
• Act as person in charge when handling the Gondola
• Act as person in charge when gondoling
• Liaise with ships duty officer/vessel agent and advise planned “order of work” schedule for the vessel.
• Ensure unplug is done timely for the reefers prior their discharge.
• Ensure all hatch cover locking pins and lashing materials are removed prior to discharging hatch covers.
• Use the RDT to confirm the load position and/or discharge unit while the OCR system is down.
• Ensure the DSTS as well parked in their position while doing DSTS anchoring.
• Check the special lashing is removed and containers are free to be discharged /loaded without any risk
• Supervise the OOG and BB handling and report finding to the Operation Supervisor.
• Personal contact with ships officers. (Unplug, damage reporting.)
• Undertake any other duties within capabilities as directed by management
Who we are looking for:
• Approach to work: Ability to work under pressure. Willing to work long hours in time of need to support other teammates. Has a high standard of work ethic, ensuring 100% accuracy.
• Awareness: Responds to supervisor’s needs; keep supervisor informed
• Interpersonal: Interacts effectively and develops rapport with others; modifies personal behaviour as appropriate; outgoing; works efficiently within a team environment. High team spirit requested.
• Communication: Pro-active in informing the applicable parties on any matters. Interacts effectively.
• Technical / Functional: Demonstrates knowledge of technical and functional aspects of work.
• Requires a bachelor degree in science.
• Familiar with the computer software
• Requires a high level of planning and organizational skills.
• Excellent visual acuity
• Works well under pressure
• Requires good verbal and written communications skills in English and French as well as fluency in the local language.
• Requires good interpersonal skills