Production / Qualité /...
Méthodes / Process /...
Niveau d'expérience requis : De 10 à 20 ans
Niveau d’études: Bac +5 et plus
Secteur d'activité : Energie
Région : Marrakech et région
Publication : du
24/01/2020 au 17/03/2020
Type de formation: Ecole d'ingénieur
Type de contrat : CDI
Pays : Maroc
Postes proposés : 1
Poste avec Management : Oui
Deputy Operations Manager - Ouarzazate
The First National Operation and Maintenance Company “NOMAC” was founded in 2005 and firmly established in the GCC, in Middle and East Europe, and in North and South of Africa. NOMAC is providing high quality O&M (Operation & Maintenance) services for power production and water desalination projects, regionally and worldwide. Supported by accelerated global expansion, NOMAC is enabled to draw near to realize its vision of being the leading global O&M service provider in the power production and water desalination sectors. In Morocco, Nomac is implemented since 2014, and operating and maintaing differents projects, overall Morocco; Noor1 CSP plant (160 Mw), Noor2 CSP plant (200 Mw), both located in Ouarzazate, KHALLADI wind farm (120 Mw) in Tanger, and the 3 Noor PV plants (120 Mw) located in Ouarzazate, Laayoune and Boujdour .
NOMAC is looking to reinforce its managerial team by recruiting a Deputy Operations Manager.
Position Title: Deputy Operations Manager
To lead the Operation’s department of the plant and manage all operations and laboratory related activities in accordance with contractual requirements and defined quality, cost & HSE standards, to ensure effective achievement of production targets, whilst ensuring operational efficiency.
Plant General Panager
Strategy & Plans
- Develop the Operations-departmental strategy in line with the overall Plant’s strategy to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies across.
- Regularly report to the Plant General Manager on the operational activities of department, challenges and issues faced, mitigations taken, etc. as required, to keep them informed and updated on the division’s activities.
- Manage the effective achievement of the team’s objectives through setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing the team and providing formal and informal feedback to maximise overall performance, engagement and motivation.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Operation department’s budget and manage and monitor the financial performance against the budget so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
- Participate actively in the monthly budget variance analysis and discussions to ensure the gaps are reviewed and analysed and appropriate and timely actions are taken to reduce the gaps.
- Cascade of the Plant’s operational strategy to develop production plans and lead the effective monthly and daily scheduling of plant shift operations in line with the approved strategies and business demands to ensure the production targets are met.
- Lead and effectively manage all aspects of power generation and water production within NOMAC’s plant to ensure efficient operations, whilst maintaining a critical focus on safety and quality.
- Work with all related parties to troubleshoot and resolve escalated/critical operational issues in order to facilitate timely achievement of production objectives whilst ensuring minimal liquidity damages.
- Review the daily operations reports and submit periodic reports to the management, keeping them informed of all technical problems, if any, as well as on recent changes or modifications on existing work plan or schedule.
- Lead the Operational management meetings so that the entire team is clear on the production standards required and the operations programs that are underway.
- Review the long-term equipment and operating performance characteristics and provide technical recommendations to improve the reliability of the equipment and overall efficiency of the operations processes.
- Ensure all safety protective device tests on critical equipment are carried out successfully on regular basis, to ensure protective continuity testing in Compliance with International Safety Standards
Maintenance and Outage Support
- Together with Maintenance department, plan and facilitate the implementation of planned preventative and corrective maintenance programmes, ensuring timely repair of critical equipment so as to minimize downtime and forced outages.
- Work with the Maintenance team, for the safe execution of the planned outages for the major operating facilities/equipment on site and provide support during the shutdown and re-starting of equipment, as needed, to ensure the EHS, scope, cost, and timeline objectives are met.
Plant Chemistry and Laboratory Management
- Oversee and monitor the setting of production parameters and adjust production conditions during operation to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Oversee the laboratory activities and ensure the testing is in accordance with regulatory requirements, procedures, schedules, budgeted costs and quality standards.
Health, Safety, Security & Environment
- Ensure compliance to all relevant health, safety, security and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the department to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Report and respond to HSSE incidents using the established emergency communication channels and protocols, to minimise the impact of the hazard.
- Together with HSE department, ensure that safety rules and regulations are fully explained to plant employees / contractor staff and appropriate safety and protective equipment are worn; safety notices are prominently displayed in all work areas and that all accidents and incidents are efficiently investigated and analysed whilst ensuring that measures are implemented to avoid any recurrence.
- Monitor and ensure that ERT teams are readily available and evaluate their performance at regular intervals especially during the drills, to ensure they are complying with the HSSE practices and procedures.
Inventory and Services Management
- Oversee the performance of all contracts and contractor arrangements that impact plant operations to ensure quality and cost-effective service delivery.
- Lead the effective inventory management of operations related consumables, chemicals, and equipment and ensure raising of requisitions and purchase orders for the timely replenishment of stock to fulfil plant operational requirements.
Integrated Management System Implementation
- Implement IMS objectives and programs in the department and provide assistance during the IMS audits in order to effectively implement corrective actions and update relevant Operation’s policies and procedures, based on the recommendations.
Policies, Processes, Systems & Procedures
- Develop and ensure the implementation of Operation’s department work instructions, policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Identify opportunities of improvement and contribute to Operational change initiatives, programmes and projects taking into account best practice and standards in the business environment.
- Perform any other duties which the line manager may require to be carried out.
Communication & working relationships:
Internal: Needs to work closely with Senior Management, Maintenance Manager and Maintenance team, Procurement Officer, HSSE Officer, HR team, Finance Team and Storekeeper, etc.
External: Needs to build a rapport with relevant contractors, OEMs, etc.
Salary and benefit in kind:
- Highly competitive salary (confidential)
- Other benefit in kind (Housing, transportation, etc.)
- insurance package (death, disability, sickness-maternity) provided by the company
- Retirement (CIMR : 6% - 7,8%)
- Annual performance bonus ( confidential )
Profil recherché :
Qualifications, Experience & skills:
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor degree holder in Engineering.
Minimum Experience: Minimum 12-15 years of experience in progressively complex production plants with strong experience in the power
- Strong leadership skills and excellent planning and organizational ability
- Strong experience and know-how of conceptual and analytical thinking
- Strong knowledge of the operations in water desalination and power generation plants and of NOMAC operations
- Excellent communication, influencing and motivating skills
- Mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Strong planning, organizing, and integration skills
- Team work and effective collaboration skills
- Ability to manage emergency situations
- Thorough understanding of PPP, contractual obligations etc.