• FLSmidth is the leading supplier of engineering, equipment and service solutions to customers in mining and cement industries. With more than 135 years of experience and with activities in more than 50 countries, FLSmidth is productivity provider no. 1 to its customers. Sharing our customers’ ambitions, we bring better solutions to light by improving their safety standards and enhancing their performance.
• We FLS Maroc as a subsidiary of FLSmidth O&M have been awarded a five-year contract from our customer OCP S.A. (formerly known as Office Chérifien des Phosphates) to operate and maintain port equipment located in Jorf Lasfar 120 km south of Casablanca, Morocco.
To carry out, in an effective and efficient manner, the maintenance of Electrical equipment and control systems as defined by the maintenance philosophy and strategies, in coordination with the stake holders (Operations, Planning, Safety, Other Maintenance functions, Client), in compliance with the safety standards, systems and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Communicate clearly on information relating to potentially dangerous situations and get confirmation that they are correctly understood. (daily)
• Make sure that key equipment is working properly.
• Ensure the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
• Check for safety and cleanness in the workplace.
• Ensure availability of HIRA, SOP and COP for the maintenance activity
• Ensure good working conditions and safety standards are maintained within all areas of maintenance operations
• Ensuring the permit to work system/LOTOTO (Lock Out Test Out Tag Out) and any other safety system are adhered too.
• Responsible for ensuring good housekeeping from direct reports and also other maintenance functions
• Plan the maintenance activities (PM/OBM/Breakdown) in terms of the resources and time required in consultation with the other stake holders-Operations, Planning, Safety, and Client
• Mobilize resources including spares and consumables, tools & tackles for carrying out the activities.
• Execute maintenance as per plan and avoid rework; Supervise and guide the team for carrying out the maintenance activities as per the plan, safe standard operating procedure.
• Hand over the equipment in good condition to operate after taking trial, ensuring cleanliness, and removal of tools, tackles, used spares or consumables, or any other material used for carrying out the maintenance job.
• Close the permits and ensure the equipment is energized as per the safety procedure.
• Ensure team members are competent to carry out the maintenance job and support them in developing their skills.
• Participate in daily meetings with team to review E & I maintenance. Activities - planned vs actual and the plan for the day. Ensure proper day-to-day scheduling of works and necessary resources. Assign and review work to perform with the craftsmen.
• Inspect equipment after maintenance was executed & ensure upon completion ofrepairs, that equipment is in good operating condition, ready to meet operational requirements, fully inspected, tested, clean, and safe.
• Coordinate with other functions like operations and safety for effectively carrying out the maintenance activities
• Adopted LLFS (Look, Listen, Feel & Smell) system to ensure equipment/system is inspected on daily basis to ensure equipment performs as designed. Report to Operation & Maintenance if any abnormalities are observed & initiate O&M QR.
• Make available check list / protocol for carrying out maintenance job
• Inspect work done by subcontractors & report sub-standard quality or safety deviations.
• Ensure the equipment is handed over in good condition to operate and the permits are closed properly as per safety procedure.
• Initiate O&M QR for all failures/breakdowns or abnormalities and carry out CAPA in consultation with stake holders.
• Provide reporting on repair jobs including consumption of materials, specific tools, man hours and skills, and fills equipment history files.
• Ensure completion of major operations within schedule (yearly overhaul).
• Keep him/her informed of general Terminal practices so as to ensure “on-call” duty.
• Follow working methods and definition of procedures and ensure continuous improvement methodology implementation.
• Provide critical data for optimizing maintenance activities.
• Record maintenance downtime and do an activity based time study to improve upon the maintenance efficiency and coordinate with Planning/RCM for creating benchmark bettering the industry bench marks
• Contribute to Root Cause Analysis.
• Participate in the Terminal Improvement Plan (PIP).
• Prepares and submits the necessary reports as required by the Maintenance Manager
• Contribute & participate in budget preparation in line with the Maintenance Department objectives
• Maintenance Management softwares: CMMS (Maximo), DTR, etc.
• Best practices: Maintenance inspections & job plans.
• PCS if existing.
• Methods and tools for safety management.
• Root cause analysis.
You have a diploma in electrical and automation engineering from a Moroccan engineering school (EHTP, EMI, ENSEM, ENSA ...).
Knowledge and specific Experience:
• E&I Maintenance in a CHP- handling specific or multiple areas like conveyor, stacker re-claimer, wagon tippler, GSU, MCC, etc.,
• Power systems up to 132 KV, Electrical Drives, PLCs, SCADA, Control systems and Instrumentation, and its application to any specific or multiple CHP plant equipment's like Conveyors, Stacker Reclaimers, Wagon Tipplers, Loaders, and Unloaders, etc.; Belt scales;
• Safety systems and procedures;
• Working knowledge in SAP MM Module
• Specific knowledge of Terminal equipment including Terminal process knowledge
• Experienced in modern reliability and maintenance management techniques
• Electrical/Instrumentation equipment knowledge
• High Voltage and Low Voltage experience
• Instrumentation and Automation experience
• General knowledge in condition monitoring
• Management and supervision of specialist sub-contractors
• Fluency in English, French and Arabic is requested
Interpersonal & Management Skills:
• Commitment to maintaining and improving Health & Safety standards
• Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills
• Ability to work well within a small team
• Self-Motivated with a proven ability to motivate others
• Excellent communication skills