Mohammed VI Polytechnic University’s (UM6P) School of Hospitality Business & Management (SHBM) is driven by the motto “Nurturing today’s talents, Impacting Tomorrow’s Africa”. In shaping hospitality leaders, the school relies on the “Learning-By-Doing” approach. The purpose of this endeavor is to achieve sustainable development in the African tourism and hospitality sector. SHBM aims to build a comprehensive hospitality ecosystem within the modern, state-of-the-art UM6P campus located amidst the Ben Guérir Mohammed VI Green City, near Marrakech. SHBM aims to foster and cultivate the essence of hospitality education while encouraging innovation, applied research, and entrepreneurship.
SHBM is the only Associate Member of the EHL Network of Certified Schools in Morocco, a testimonial to our focus on excellence in education. École hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL) is consistently regarded as the best hospitality school in the world and thus SHBM is looking to expand on this initiative throughout Morocco and furthermore throughout Africa.
Our continued collaboration includes AHLEI and other leaders of hospitality education in order to create both a nationally and internationally renowned school. Thus, SHBM is looking for a dynamic Event and Communications Manager with a Hospitality Mindset that is motivated to be part of this exciting new venture.
- Plan, produce, oversee, and assist with the organization and coordination of conferences, meetings, seminars, and other events organized by UM6P SHBM.
- Plan, produce, and oversee the execution of communications plan activities including media, promotions, website, and collateral materials. Develop materials to deliver the school's messages to the public and the media.
- Position headquartered in Benguerir with frequent trips to Casablanca and Marrakech and option to work remotely when possible and approved by management.
- The Events and Communication Manager will report directly to the Head of Marketing and Development
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Events and Communication Manager will be attached to the SHBM Development unit. His/her role includes:
- Carrying out market studies, defining and implementing an Events strategy that serves a triple purpose:
- Build strong brand awareness in the Hospitality and Business industries worlds
- Build a strong brand and program awareness among prospective students for the different programs (Bachelor, Continued Professional Education, Vocational Training, Amateur Programs, etc.)
- Build strong brand awareness among the academic world and prospective hires (Professors, Trainers, etc.)
- Working jointly with the Marketing and Admissions Manager and other internal and external stakeholders in order to organize events as per the Events Strategy
- Conduct research, make site visits and find resources to help the team make decisions about event possibilities.
- Coordinate on-site arrangements for all meetings and events: Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, ensure appropriate décor
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to the Executive Director for each event project
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting
- Closeout all events as required
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
- Through market studies and other tools at his/her disposal, the Events and Communication manager must ensure monitoring of the market and of technological innovations and trends in communication within the education and hospitality industries across the different target markets (Moroccan and African).
- His/Her role is to synthesize and analyze the information collected from the various internal stakeholders (Program Officers, teachers & Marketing and Admissions Manager), potential clients (sampling), and external partners to define a communication strategy for the school and the programs., working jointly with the Marketing and Admissions manager.
- The Communication strategy is two-fold:
- School Communication: its objective is to build brand awareness and it addresses a large public composed of Academic partners, Industry partners, Industry players, Local and international high schools, Parent associations, Orientation players, etc.
- Program Communication: its objective is the students' recruitments and it addresses a targetted public composed of students, parents, and industry as per personas pre-identified jointly with the Marketing and Admissions manager
- The Events and Communication Manager, in collaboration with the various stakeholders, co-develops promotional campaigns, and ensure relevant communication across all stages.
- The Events and Communication Manager will set up and launch multi-channel communication campaigns (digital and non-digital) and coordinates with internal and external stakeholders. He/she sets up the KPIs for campaign performance monitoring and implements recommendations and optimization strategies.
- The Events and Communication Manager conducts qualitative and quantitative studies on a representative sample of the population by program concerned, put in place relevant KPIs, and monitors them in order to analyze each communication campaign effectiveness
- Once the program has been developed, the Events and Communication Manager monitors the evolution of its communication versus competing offers and market demands. He/Her ensures that the communication around each program and around the school is relevant throughout their respective life cycles.
- Since communicating around a program and the school involves a large number of costs, the Events and Communication Manager provides the necessary support in managing the budget and monitoring its profitability.
THE POSITION OFFERS
- Life & medical insurance
- Maternity leave
- Paid vacations