• FLSmidth is the leading supplier of engineering, equipment and service solutions to customers in mining and cement industries. With more than 135 years of experience and with activities in more than 50 countries, FLSmidth is productivity provider no. 1 to its customers. Sharing our customers’ ambitions, we bring better solutions to light by improving their safety standards and enhancing their performance.
• We FLS Maroc as a subsidiary of FLSmidth O&M have been awarded a five-year contract from our customer OCP S.A. (formerly known as Office Chérifien des Phosphates) to operate and maintain port equipment located in Jorf Lasfar 120 km south of Casablanca, Morocco.
Expected to promote and lead a world class approach to Health, Safety and the Environment amongst both FLSmidth MAROC employees and contractors through briefing, training, raising awareness and leading by example. Play a leading and critical role in promoting a culture of excellence in the areas of Health, Safety and the Environment function.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Health Safety and Environment Manager will be responsible for the management of both the environmental (ISO14001) and health and safety management system (ISO18001)
• The setting up of Health and Safety Systems to FLSMIDTH MAROC, and Country Standards
• Develop and roll out a Health and safety Road Map including training materials and programs.
• Develop and roll out an Environmental awareness program
• Compilation of audit schedule and associated records.
• Environmental and Safety auditing
• Be a source of expertise on EHS issues
• Brief workforce/supervisors on environmental and Health & Safety issues, incl toolbox talks
• Reporting and monitoring non-conformance's and corrective actions accident investigation.
• Environmental aspects / impacts evaluation and comparison.
• Provide advice on Environmental and Health & Safety training
• Maintain register of local authorizations
• Maintain correspondence and associated logs
• Liaison with Local Authorities and the general public as required
• Ensure all statutory returns are completed
• Completion of monthly Health Safety and Environmental KPI’s
• NEBOSH Certificate or Diploma, Environmental Qualification or related qualification, Lead Auditor Training
Knowledge and specific Experience:
• Min 5 of experience in the same field.
• A proven knowledge of relevant environmental & health & safety law,and ISO 14001 / EMAS/OSHAS 18001.
• Experience of Environmental auditing.
• Experience of accident investigation and reporting.
• Environmental, Health & Safety & Commercial awareness
• Fluency in English, French and Arabic is requested
Interpersonal & Management Skills :
• Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills
• Ability to work well within a small team.
• Self-Motivated with a proven ability to motivate others
• Excellent communication skills
• Display a drive, flair and passion for EHS results