Production / Qualité /...
Environnement (métiers de l')
Niveau d'expérience requis : De 5 à 10 ans
Niveau d’études: Bac +5 et plus
Secteur d'activité : Energie
Région : Marrakech et région
Publication : du
24/01/2020 au 17/03/2020
Type de formation: Ecole d'ingénieur
Type de contrat : CDI
Pays : Maroc
Postes proposés : 1
Poste avec Management : Non
HSSE Engineer - Ouarzazate
The First National Operation and Maintenance Company “NOMAC” was founded in 2005 and firmly established in the GCC, in Middle and East Europe, and in North and South of Africa. NOMAC is providing high quality O&M (Operation & Maintenance) services for power production and water desalination projects, regionally and worldwide. Supported by accelerated global expansion, NOMAC is enabled to draw near to realize its vision of being the leading global O&M service provider in the power production and water desalination sectors. In Morocco, Nomac is implemented since 2014, and operating and maintaing differents projects, overall Morocco; Noor1 CSP plant (160 Mw), Noor2 CSP plant (200 Mw), both located in Ouarzazate, KHALLADI wind farm (120 Mw) in Tanger, and the 3 Noor PV plants (120 Mw) located in Ouarzazate, Laayoune and Boujdour .
NOMAC is looking to reinforce its HSSE team by recruiting an HSSE Engineer.
Position Title: HSSE Engineer
To lead, manage, monitor and report on the HSSE performance of a Plant toensure that harm is prevented and the requisite HSSE management systems are implemented, monitored, and enforced to deliver compliance with HSSE legal requirements, Group standards and contractual obligations by all plantemployees and contractors.
Reporting to:Plant General Manager & HSSE Manager
- Manage self and team in line with NOMAC’s people management policies, procedures, processes and practices to ensure adherence and to maximize own and employee contribution to business performance.
- Organize and supervise the activities and work of subordinates to ensure that all work within a specific area of the activity is carried out in an efficient manner which is consistent with operating procedures and policy.
- Provide on-the-job training and constructive feedback to subordinates to support their overall development.
Budgets and Plans
- Monitor the financial performance of HSSE activities in the plant versus approved budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
Technical Guidance and Services
- Lead the provision of technical and HSSE management support and leadership to the Plant and all its employees, to ensure effective execution of activities.
- Lead the risk assessments and task reviews of key activities in the Plant, to identify and prevent probable HSSE hazards leading to significant losses.
- Manage meetings with contractors, sub-contractors, and vendors and advise them on the HSSE management and performance, in order to create awareness and ensure adherence to defined standards.
- Report HSE Metrics / indicators and performance to HSE Country and Regional Manager in a timely and efficient manner.
HSSE Management Systems
- Develop, implement, and maintain the Plant’s HSSE management system, including emergency preparedness and management, to ensure conformity to NOMAC standards and compliance with HSSE legal requirements and contractual obligations.
HSSE Management, Monitoring & Reporting
- Conduct regular site visits, and inspections, monitoring site HSSE management and performance to ensure effective implementation and maintenance of the HSSE Management Plan/System in the plant
- Conduct regular meetings with the HSSE Personnel at the Regional / Corporate Level and prepare reports on the HSSE management and performance of the plant, in order to prioritize actions and escalate HSSE issues for timely resolution.
- Deliver HSSE training to all Plant employees and contractor staff, to ensure they are aware of the HSSE standards and the HSSE management systems.
- Coach and advise contractors on the content of HSSE standards, in order to create awareness on the HSEE expectations and enable the provision of best practices.
- Guide the development and implementation of HSSE campaigns on the site, to ensure proper HSSE Culture is disseminated to all employees and contract staff.
- Maintain positive working relationships with regulators and emergency services, contractors etc., to ensure mutual support and adherence to HSSE compliance requirements.
Emergency Planning and response
- Manage the execution of emergency drill scenarios and site emergency mock drills, in order to ensure readiness in case of an emergency, whilst proposing recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Ensure immediate reporting and responding to HSSE incidents using the established emergency communication channels and protocols, to minimize damages as much as possible.
- Lead investigations of reportable HSSE incidents, to contribute to the identification of root causes and provide recommendations for corrective and preventive actions.
- Implement and enforce security strategies for the Plant’s / office facilities including access and exit control and monitoring, vehicle and personnel checks, security patrols and the preparation of all related reports ensuring overall protection of all company property, plant and personnel against threat, theft or any other act that is contrary to the laws of the state/ or company rules.
Policies, Processes, Systems & Procedures
- Implement approved departmental policies, processes and procedures, and ensure employee adherence so that work is carried out to the required standard while delivering the required standards of service to customers and stakeholders.
- Manage and motivate the team to ensure they contribute to, and participate in, the identification and implementation of change initiatives, programmes and projects in line with the organisation’s standards.
- Perform any other duties which the line manager may require to be carried out.
Communication & Working Relationships
Internal: Needs to work closely with the Regional HSSE department, Plant Employees.
External: Needs to build a rapport with the Regulatory bodies, Emergency Services, contractors, HSSE consultants and advisors.
Salary and benefit in kind:
- Monthly gross salary starting from: Confidential
- Housing allowance
- Transportation from/to the plant: taking in charge by the company.
- Catering provided on site by the company
- insurance package (death, disability, sickness-maternity) provided by the company
- retirement (CIMR : 6% - 7,8%)
- Annual performance bonus: based on two monthly gross salaries
Profil recherché :
- A Bachelor degree holder in Safety, Environmental or Engineering or demonstrable equivalent
- Certification from a recognized HSSE institution (NEBOSH, OSHA, IOSH, IEMA, etc.)
- Professional membership or association with an international HSSE Institution (OSHA, IOSH, IEMA etc.)
- Minimum Experience: 7-8 years’ experience in HSSE in the Utilities / Energy sector
- Thorough knowledge of local and international standards for HSSE
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to manage and work with people
- Self-motivated, critical thinker, tenacious and curious