Instiglio is a non-profit consulting firm whose goal is to reshape expectations, raise performance standards, and maximize the impact of the development community. To do so, since our founding in 2012, we have been pioneering novel Results-Based Financing (RBF) and Performance Management approaches in developing countries to ensure that every dollar invested in solutions to poverty has the greatest possible impact. Instiglio is helping to build a global results movement in major social sectors, including livelihoods, agriculture, education, health, employment, and governance.
Instiglio has successfully launched RBF projects in over 15 Latin American, African, and South Asian countries, totaling over US $500 million tied to results. Particularly important milestones include the world’s first Development Impact Bond (education, India); the first Social Impact Bond launched in a middle-income country (workforce development, Colombia); the first Outcomes Fund (poverty graduation, Kenya and Uganda); and the launch of performance-based contracts with governments in Africa (employability, Morocco). Instiglio has also advised pioneer RBF transactions in the areas of agriculture and rural development in Colombia and Peru with the Canadian (GAC) and Swiss (SECO) development aid agencies, respectively. In addition, Instiglio has increasingly supported governments in strengthening their own systems of delivery through multi-year reform processes.
We are a diverse team of 50+ people, representing 10+ nationalities, with offices in Kenya, Morocco, Colombia, Peru, and the USA. Our team of practitioners has extensive development and government experience, including previous roles in impact evaluation (e.g., J-PAL), development banks (e.g., World Bank), country governments (e.g., Rwanda Ministry of Finance, Colombia’s National Planning Department, Congress of Colombia), and research (e.g., Harvard’s Center for International Development)
HOW TO APPLY?
Please apply online, submitting your CV and cover letter (in English). In your cover letter answer the following questions: (1) Why are you a good fit for this role? (2) What is your motivation to apply to Instiglio?
The Morocco office is Instiglio’s newest office, where we are leading exciting engagements with ministries and donors to transform social service delivery across a range of sectors. Morocco offers an environment ripe for RBF: a strong focus on results, strong government capabilities, and interest from key players to support RBF. Our projects are an opportunity to position Morocco as a leading country in the use of RBF, generate critical learnings, and create a blueprint for improved institutional performance.
Associates in the Morocco office will join a growing, entrepreneurial team. Associates will gain expertise in RBF by contributing to the development of RBF instruments while playing a crucial role in the execution of our projects. They will gain a thorough understanding of design choices, independently assess tradeoffs, and make recommendations for technical design of RBF instruments. Associates at Instiglio support project teams in guiding stakeholders through difficult yet important changes to their operations by translating complex concepts into understandable insights. Within the team, Associates will work directly with a team composed of a project lead, project manager(s), senior associates, and analysts to deliver high-quality services.
Tasks may include:
• Describing and interpreting graphs, proposing and structuring data analyses, analyzing data and applying statistical concepts (e.g. mean, SD, regressions) to draw actionable insights/hypotheses.
• Analyzing and understanding all the dimensions of RBF, including economic concepts, developing technical components of RBF instruments from scratch.
• Participating in the preparation of proposals and client deliverables, articulating technical concepts in an eloquent and accessible manner.
• Contributing to clear and effective presentations to stakeholders in the public and private sectors.
• Designing activities and tasks to achieve the most effective results for the team.
• Actively improving our RBF services and our delivery systems.
Some travel may be required depending on project needs.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
• Diverse and passionate global team brought together by a desire to change the status quo and to execute high-quality work with integrity, collaboration, and innovation at the core of everything we do.
• A chance to work with a trusted-advisor in the public sector and the international development space, Instiglio is helping build a global movement for RBF in all major social sectors, including education, health, livelihoods, agriculture, and governance.
• Remote work: Sometimes home makes us feel and work better
• Personal days: Life is more than work, you are able to take personal days to handle minor medical, personal, academic or administrative matters
• Corporate vacations: Keep calm and breath, the last week of the year is a company-wide holiday
Bonus days: If you travel or work on a weekend, the company award you an additional vacation day
• Experience: At least 3 years of relevant work experience in international development and/or in the public sector.
• Education: BA degree in economics, development economics, statistics, or related fields or Master’s degree in economics, development economics, statistics, or related fields.
• Language skills: Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English and French - C1.
• Skills: Exceptional problem-solving and structured thinking skills, Ability to adeptly execute complex analytical frameworks, maintaining coherence and with very little supervision from managers, Working proficiency of the most common analytical principals (e.g. MECE) to give structure to the analysis.
• Work experience in consultancy.
• Results-based financing, performance management, or monitoring and evaluation experience.
• Skills: Knowledge of Results-Based financing and/or experience related to the field.
• Strong people skills: Ability to relate well with people from different backgrounds, build trust, and solve problems with some support from other team members.
• Language skills: Professional working proficiency in Arabic.