Instiglio is a non-profit consulting firm whose goal is to reshape expectations, raise performance standards, and maximize the impact of the development community. To do so, since our founding in 2012, we have been pioneering novel Results-Based Financing (RBF) and Performance Management approaches in developing countries to ensure that every dollar invested in solutions to poverty has the greatest possible impact. Instiglio is helping to build a global results movement in major social sectors, including livelihoods, agriculture, education, health, employment, and governance.
Instiglio has successfully launched RBF projects in over 15 Latin American, African, and South Asian countries, totaling over US $500 million tied to results. Particularly important milestones include the world’s first Development Impact Bond (education, India); the first Social Impact Bond launched in a middle-income country (workforce development, Colombia); the first Outcomes Fund (poverty graduation, Kenya and Uganda); and the launch of performance-based contracts with governments in Africa (employability, Morocco). Instiglio has also advised pioneer RBF transactions in the areas of agriculture and rural development in Colombia and Peru with the Canadian (GAC) and Swiss (SECO) development aid agencies, respectively. In addition, Instiglio has increasingly supported governments in strengthening their own systems of delivery through multi-year reform processes.
We are a diverse team of 50+ people, representing 10+ nationalities, with offices in Kenya, Morocco, Colombia, Peru, and the USA. Our team of practitioners has extensive development and government experience, including previous roles in impact evaluation (e.g., J-PAL), development banks (e.g., World Bank), country governments (e.g., Rwanda Ministry of Finance, Colombia’s National Planning Department, Congress of Colombia), and research (e.g., Harvard’s Center for International Development)
HOW TO APPLY?
Please apply online, submitting your CV and cover letter (in English). In your cover letter answer the following questions: (1) Why are you a good fit for this role? (2) What is your motivation to apply to Instiglio?
The Morocco office is Instiglio’s newest office, where we are leading exciting engagements with ministries and donors to transform social service delivery across a range of sectors. Morocco offers an environment ripe for RBF: a strong focus on results, strong government capabilities, and interest from key players to support RBF. Our projects are an opportunity to position Morocco as a leading country in the use of RBF, generate critical learnings, and create a blueprint for improved institutional performance.
The Senior Associate will play a leading role in growing the office, from recruitment and capacity building to operations and execution, and will work directly with the head of the Morocco office. The Senior Associate will also play a critical role in executing projects and managing clients, guide stakeholders through difficult yet important adaptations of their practices, and build rapport with clients by understanding their needs and adding value to their mission. The Senior Associate will gain expertise in developing RBF instruments, developing a thorough understanding of different design choices, independently assessing tradeoffs, making recommendations for our technical designs, and translating complex concepts into understandable insights.
Some travel may be required depending on project needs.
Within the team, the Senior Associate will work directly with our project managers and leads to deliver high-quality services, and will eventually have the opportunity to lead teams. Tasks may include:
• Leading and overseeing the development of technical components of RBF instruments from scratch, with a command of all dimensions of RBF, including economic concepts.
• Leading the creation of proposals and client deliverables, articulating technical concepts in an eloquent and accessible manner.
• Managing project budgets and contracts with clients and subcontractors, anticipating issues and proactively addressing them.
• Planning, delegating, and overseeing tasks to achieve the most effective results within the team.
• Proposing, structuring, and overseeing data analyses to draw actionable insights/hypotheses.
• Preparing and delivering clear and effective presentations to stakeholders in the public and private sectors.
• Actively improving our RBF services and our delivery systems.
• Experience: At least 6 years of experience, including 4 years of relevant work experience in international development and/or in the public sector.
• Education: Master's degree or equivalent in Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, Public Administration, Engineering, Business, or related fields.
• Language skills: Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English and French - C1
• Proven track record in client management (multiple stakeholders in complex settings)
• Extensive experience growing and managing teams
• Exceptional strategic thinking, problem-solving, structured-thinking:
• Ability to adeptly develop complex analytical frameworks and exceptional working proficiency of the most common analytical principals (e.g. MECE).
• Exceptional people skills: Ability to relate well with people from different backgrounds, build trust, and solve problems
• Experience: Work experience in consultancy
• Results-based financing, performance management, or monitoring and evaluation expertise
• Language skills: Professional working proficiency in Arabic
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
• Diverse and passionate global team brought together by a desire to change the status quo and to execute high-quality work with integrity, collaboration, and innovation at the core of everything we do.
• A chance to work with a trusted advisor in the public sector and the international development space, Instiglio is helping build a global movement for RBF in all major social sectors, including education, health, livelihoods, agriculture, and governance.
• Remote work: Sometimes home makes us feel and work better
• Personal days: Life is more than work, you are able to take personal days to handle minor medical, personal, academic or administrative matters
• Corporate vacations: Keep calm and breath, the last week of the year is a company-wide holiday
• Bonus days: If you travel or work on a weekend, the company award you an additional vacation day