APM Terminals is one of the world’s leading global port/terminal owners and operators with a global terminal network of more than 63 ports and terminals in 40 countries with 7 new terminal development projects and 7 expansion programs now underway. APM Terminals also manages 170 Inland Services operations in 48 countries. The company employs 23,000 professionals across a total of 68 countries spanning five continents.
APM Terminals serves every major trade lane with a truly global presence, providing our customers with the most advanced terminal technology, equipment and operations in the industry.
APM Terminals Medport Tangier is a greenfield project under construction, it will be the third container terminal of the Tanger Med complex APM Terminals Tangier handled 1.7 million TEUs in 2015. APM Terminals Medport Tangier will be a facility with up to 2,000 meters of quay.
Our Tangier team is currently bringing people, expertise and technology together to usher in a new era in African ports for today’s business world through world-class operations in the safest, most environmentally friendly manner.
Safety for Life !
This position is responsible for maintaining and coordinating computer/network infrastructure of low to medium complexity. Provides support & general IT administrative assistance to users.
· Configures, installs and maintains local area network hardware, software and telecommunications services such as system software, software applications, printers, servers, routers, bridges, switches, modems, cabling and Internet services.
· Installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical assistance and training to system users. This includes setup of equipment
· Installs and tests software upgrades.
· Loads specified software packages such as operating systems, word processing, spreadsheet, database, or other programs into computer.
· Enters commands and observes system functions to verify correct system operation.
· Responds to department inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software and operator problems.
· Contacts vendors for spare parts and repairs for computers, printers, telephone system, etc.
· Assists with network security, selecting passwords, setting security parameters, and installing anti-virus and other security software.
· Answers, evaluates and prioritizes incoming telephone, e-mail and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking and other computer-related technologies.
· Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error, for simple problems. More complex problems are referred to supervision.
· Analyzes user problem and finds appropriate solutions for computer related problems.
· Enters data for helpdesk data management (i.e., incoming requests for service and call history).
· Assists users in understanding various options and applications within MS Office, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook. Assists users in the design of Access databases for use within their departments for various purposes.
· Answers inquiries regarding status on resolving a computer problem.
· Guide users in the procedures for applying an application within the software, instructing them where to find a particular application.
· Coordinates company Intranet site, adding and deleting material as requested by department head or designate.
· Coordinate with various vendors regarding repairs to RF terminals, and other issues with software or hardware; receives items and prepares documentation to accompany items.
· Prepares department reports as needed.
· Maintains all of the licensing of software, making sure all documentation is completed.
· Maintains helpdesk filing system, and handles the purchase requisitions for the department.
· Supports call out service requirements, where applicable.
· Prepares and maintains all web and security operational procedures and documentation.
· Manages the audit requirements of the systems and the related data in collaboration with infrastructure team.
· Provide basic support to infrastructure team on Network and Server Platform areas.
· This position contributes to the terminals operational efficiency through reliable, sustainable and easily available IT solutions.
· The position is well defined with clear deliverables
Who we are looking for
· Requires a college degree in computer science or related discipline.
· Requires at least four years of IT experience preferably in a transportation or industrial firm.
· Requires a complete and thorough understanding of database management as it relates specifically to HRIS, Payroll, inventory control and ERP systems.
· Requires demonstrated knowledge of SQL, and Windows operating systems, with hands-on applications experience. Requires demonstrated proficiency with backup/recovery techniques.
· Requires demonstrated knowledge on managing basic Cisco equipment setup.
· Requires demonstrated knowledge to support basic System Administration.
· Requires demonstrated knowledge of PC hardware and software systems.
· Prefer certifications in Microsoft and Cisco Certified Professional
· Must have the ability to solve problems of medium complexity.
· Must be multi-task oriented with proven ability to manage several active projects simultaneously.
· Must be detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
· Due to access to company sensitive information, must be able to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion.
· Must be able to anticipate internal client needs and maintain good working relationships with users and management.
· Must have thorough understanding of LAN/WAN (networking) installation, administration, and on-going maintenance.
· Must have a thorough understanding of MS applications, including operating systems and software
· Must have some understanding of computer programming concepts and knowledge of Intranet set-up and maintenance.