APM Terminals is a port infrastructure leader, uniquely positioned to help both shipping line and landside customers grow their business and achieve better supply chain efficiency, flexibility and dependability.
Part of A.P. Moller-Maersk, we leverage more than 100 years of industry experience to design and build high-quality container terminals.
APM Terminals MedPort Tangier is one of the most technologically advanced, efficient and safest terminals in the world. It’s ranked as a leading African port and amongst the world’s top 50 container ports worldwide.
Joining us in lifting global trade, means being part of an exceptional field, where the right combination of experience, energy and ambition are given the opportunity to advance and develop throughout their careers!
For further information, visit our website https://apmterminals.rekrute.com/
• The operations planner is responsible to ensure a rigorous and efficient planning of vessel activities to enable the achievement of productivity targets.
• During operations, the planner supports in providing alternative plans in case of deviation to ensure productivity and capacity targets are safely met.
• The position is responsible for an efficient use of the Terminal Operating System using established standards and best practices.
• Assume responsibility for the entire Cargo Control Process.
• Process various vessel related EDIs and follow up on their timely submission as applicable.
• Ensure that the load-lists are finalized in time prior to the vessel ETA. Clarify issues with the shipping lines to mitigate disputes.
• Interact closely with the shipping lines regarding additional changes after set cut-off time has passed.
• Ensure a timely delivery of Terminal Report per vessel call, and prepare pre billing file.
• Ensure close collaboration with the relevant counter parts at Liner Operations Cluster (LOC) and the Global Stowage Planners.
• Investigate and document service failures, and report them to the appropriate parties.
• Respond to inquiries related to Terminal Departure Reports for vessels no longer at berth.
• Responsible for providing vessel and shipping agents with information about vessel load and discharge processes.
• Maintain ownership of the vessels under your control and assist if planning disturbances occur during vessel call.
• Ensure efficient and highly productive planning as per established standard with due consideration to the vessel stability and safety under load and discharge.
• Prepares and communicates vessel load plans and vessel work plans.
• Keeps the quay-operation and vessel administration systems updated.
• Controls the execution of the vessel operation plan.
• Checks with berthing coordinator for reasonable berthing position for fast turn-around of tractors during vessel operations.
• Preparation and execution of vessel discharge and load sequence to support, achieve & sustain productivity targets per quay crane operation.
• Manage and control the execution of the vessel operation plan, ensuring that the vessel file is closed within one hrs of the completion of vessel operations.
• Filing and housekeeping of planning related papers in accordance with standard operating procedures. Also maintain that all vessels receive paper work in a timely manner.
• Provide all loading documents, and quay crane working sequence to vessel prior or latest upon arrival. Ensure that all vessels receive final departure paper work in a timely manner.
• Understand vessel stability and safety under discharge and load criteria and whether intended discharge and load plan meets those criteria.
• Maintain a continuous improvement mindset by actively seeking ways to reduce wastes in operations through a better planning.
• Constantly seek look for ways to improve own skills level in using the terminal operating system.
• Work hand in hand with other sections of the operations to achieve the department wide goals.
• Act as an active member of the Integrated Operations Center and actively collaborate with all functions therein to ensure smooth operations executions.
• Understand and follow the company’s safety system.
• Protect one self and those around from unsafe acts.
• Actively participate in contributing to zero accidents.
• Report any unsafe acts.
• Alert to risks and unsafe acts that could result in an accident.
Who we are looking for?
• Master or Engineering degree in relevant fields (IT, mechanic, automation, civil, Industrial, statistics, business administration or alike).
• Requires a high level of planning and organizational skills.
• Requires the ability to maintain high level quality of work under pressure.
• Requires advanced computer skills.
• High level of integrity and able to collaborate effectively in a dynamic environment.
• Proven demonstrated ability to be a team player and is able to work independently within the defined project, maintaining good relationship to customer, staff and other project team members.
• Must have good analytical skills to be able to provide solutions to issues/exception in a relatively short timeframe.
• Requires advanced level of verbal and written communications skills in English.