APM Terminals is a port infrastructure leader, uniquely positioned to help both shipping line and landside customers grow their business and achieve better supply chain efficiency, flexibility and dependability.
Part of A.P. Moller-Maersk, we leverage more than 100 years of industry experience to design and build high-quality container terminals.
APM Terminals MedPort Tangier is one of the most technologically advanced, efficient and safest terminals in the world. It’s ranked as a leading African port and amongst the world’s top 50 container ports worldwide. Located at Tangier Med 2 port complex, we have officially launched the operations on June the 28th, 2019, and we have been bringing experienced and young talents since 2016.
Joining us in lifting global trade, means being part of an exceptional field, where the right combination of experience, energy and ambition are given the opportunity to advance and develop throughout their careers!
For further information, visit our website : http://apmterminals.rekrute.com/
The purpose of the position is:
- Supervise the vessel planning team and ensure services are provided on time and with high quality to the different terminals
- Lead the day-to-day vessel planning work to achieve agreed goals and targets
• Be responsible for the general vessel planning activities and ensure guidelines are respected and followed by the operations planners
• Ensure vessels are efficiently planned and ordered according to the operational requirements
• Liaise with managers and terminal stakeholders to manage any kind of exceptions such as vessel arrivals lateness, increased yard density, adverse weather…
• Investigate and document service failures
• Maintain a continuous improvement mindset by actively seeking ways to reduce wastes in operations through a better vessel and yard planning
• Maintain close coordination with Terminals, GSP and LOC to ensure service delivery is on time with the right quality
• Ensure the training plan of new vessel planners is being executed and followed up
• Provide the different shifts with the adequate staff to ensure smooth planning
• Follow up on daily with terminal berth planners on the different changes in the berth plan to ensure EDIs are provided on time and connections respected
• Coordinate on daily basis with yard strategist about the different changes in the yard affecting operations
• Requires Master degree in logistics, Information technology, applied economy or any other relevant field
• Requires at least 1 year of experience in container terminal operations environment preferably in a large facility
• Previous experience as a planner is highly required
• Requires in depth knowledge of Navis N4, its associated optimization and automation modules
• Previous experience in different terminals is a differentiator
• Understands safety regulations, safe working procedures and safe materials handling procedures
• Requires advanced level of verbal and written communications skills in English.