APM Terminals is a port infrastructure leader, uniquely positioned to help both shipping line and landside customers grow their business and achieve better supply chain efficiency, flexibility and dependability.
Part of A.P. Moller-Maersk, we leverage more than 100 years of industry experience to design and build high-quality container terminals.
APM Terminals MedPort Tangier is one of the most technologically advanced, efficient and safest terminals in the world. It’s ranked as a leading African port and amongst the world’s top 50 container ports worldwide. Located at Tangier Med 2 port complex, we have officially launched the operations on June the 28th, 2019, and we have been bringing experienced and young talents since 2016.
Joining us in lifting global trade, means being part of an exceptional field, where the right combination of experience, energy and ambition are given the opportunity to advance and develop throughout their careers!
For further information, visit our website https://apmterminals.rekrute.com/
The IT department at APMT Tangier Med 2 has a key representative on the future Integrated Operations Center to run Operations on the terminal . We are seeking for people with very good analytical and troubleshooting skills. These candidates will be the first line of IT Support when running live operations on a 24/7 basis. Analise, troubleshoot and document an issue or a problem should be your main deliveries. In addition, this role must be able to act as bridge between IT and other relevant stackeholders such as Operations, Automation and M&R.
• Monitor IT activities to support running smooth operations activities
• Support predictive monitoring on the IT infrastructure
• Be the first line of support for IT to handle operations execution exceptions
• Perform quick initial root cause analysis on IT failures affecting operational execution and follow up for resolution
• Collaborate with other functions in the Integrated Operations Center for diligent resolution of exceptions and process improvements
• Maintain a continuous improvement mindset by actively identifying areas of improvement and contribute to related initiatives
• Escalate exception resolution to different functions when needed
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or similar. (preferably, a Master’s degree)
• Excellent track record of delivery in technologies like Cisco Network, VMWare, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle DB and Linux OS
• Experience with Industrial Software
• Great collaboration skills, and also the ability to engage and delivery autonomously
• Stakeholder management skills
• Willingness and ability to branch out across several technologies
• Experience in automated production or manufacturing is a plus
• Lean & Six Sigma certification is a differentiator
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to communicate with different stackeholders
• Good prioritization and time management skills
• Strong problem solving skills and analytical skills
• Self Starter
• Alignment with our values
• International mindset and inclusive behavior
• Ambition and drive to excel together with others
• Understands safety regulations, safe working procedures and safe materials handling procedures
• Works well under pressure and able to focus on details
• High level of integrity and able to collaborate effectively in a dynamic environment
NB. If not contacted within 4 weeks, you can consider your applications not short-listed for this position and you are invited to apply for other job opportunities within our Group.