Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields
The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco's frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa.
Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
Job Title: Head of Software Development and Software Asset Management.
Reports to: Program lead
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
The Head of Software Development and Software Asset Management (HSDSAM) is a leadership role accountable for the successful delivery and maintainability of software assets at MSDA.
Managing a team of software developers (non-scientific development), the HSDSAM work closely with MSDA researchers, the students, the R&D engineers, and all other members writing codes, in order to deliver high quality maintainable software, and to build IT assets that meet MSDA needs and its strategic development vision and serve its goals in the service of the scientific community and the different industries.
The HSDSAM is accountable for the creation and delivery of non-scientific software developments, for the creation of the software development and testing environment, and the IT architecture for maintaining and for the continuous evolution of software asset of MSDA,
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and deliver a strategic technological vision and direction for technical software developed at MSDA;
• Lead and manage the (non-scientific) Software Development done by the development engineers’ team to deliver software, infrastructure and architecture that meets the needs of users (MSDA researchers, MSDA students, clients… etc.);
• Work effectively with researchers to ensure delivery against agreed priorities;
• Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage and provide progress on all software development activities;
• Accountable for the on time and to quality delivery of software development projects;
• Implement mechanisms and solutions to maintain, track and ensure the evolution of the software asset of MSDA;
• Responsible for the maintenance and development of software asset;
• Identifying and implementing technology trends that will be able to support the future success of software devs at MSDA;
• Provide training and accompanying on the best practices to all MSDA members.