Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields
The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa.
Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
MSDA is seeking a junior HPC Engineer for its HPC research group. This team works on
developing state of the art scientific codes based on MPI, OpenMP and CUDA, covering applications
in Linear Algebra, Machine Learning and Numerical Simulations, while tackling new
architures for modern supercomputers.
• Supervisor : Dr. Ahmed Ratnani
• Host laboratory : MSDA & Al-Khwarizmi
• Host Team : High Performance Computing Research Group
• Host University : Mohammed VI Polytechnic University, Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid,
Benguerir 43150, Morocco
• Allowance : to be defined
• Number of positions: up to 3
- Build, manage, maintain, and develop large scale scientific codes,
- Day-to-day, be involved in progressing a wide range of issues to resolution, involving both
software and hardware,
- Participate in group meetings and make presentations to your peers,
- Be exposed to large-scale computer systems and supercomputers, as ell as emerging technologies,
- Take full ownership and responsability for delivery of your projects,
- Assist with improving the team as well as Phds students,
- Participate in Labs in our university
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience with a low level language C/C++ or Fortran
- Experience with Python
- Experience with parallel programming, e.g. MPI, OpenMP, or CUDA.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages,
- Ability to independently understand complex problems and devise efficient, robust solutions
- Experience with Continuous Integration and development tools
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and operating systems.
- Working individually as well as collaborating as part of a team
- You like solving problems in numerous ways
Why joining us?
- Exposure to challenging projects, cutting-edge technologies, and daily learning opportunities,
- Friendly social atmosphere with every opportunity to learn, stand out and really make a
- Work with SIMLAB, proving HPC services for both Moroccan universities and industry,
- Work on the fastest supercomputer in Africa (Toubkal)