Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields
The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa.
Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
UM6P - Vacancy for a position of Project Manager
Position Announcement - Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P), AgroBioSciences (AgBS)
Job Title: Project Manager
Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P,https://www.um6p.ma/en) is an international higher education institution, established to provide research and innovation at the service of education and development for Morocco and the African continent. It has a state-of-the-art campus at the heart of the Green City of Benguerir, near Marrakesh. UM6P academics and staff enjoy strong research funding, moderate teaching loads, and excellent facilities. Its research approach is transdisciplinary with an emphasis on international collaboration. Many of our research programs run as start-ups. OCP group (http://www.ocpgroup.ma/en/home), a world leader in fertilizer production, is a major starter client for the University providing capital and research funds. In parallel, a new portfolio of clients is growing with the development of an R&D cluster around the University and a growing number of international partnerships.
About AgroBioSciences (AgBS) :
The AgroBioSciences (AgBS) program is a component of the Science & Technology pole of Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P). It constitutes a structure of higher education and practical-based research with a vision of solving real African agriculture challenges leveraging up to date science and technology.
Oriented towards Africa, AgBS acts in connection with a wide network of universities and research centers around the continent in order to link real field issues with up to date science.
AgBS is composed of four main units:
• School of Agriculture (ESAFE) which is oriented towards graduate studies, in linkage with specific African agriculture scientific challenges. Its vision is to have a recognized reputation in Africa with a strong E-Learning Platform. The majority of the ESAFE students comes from abroad, all around the continent. The ESAFE target is to reach around 1.000 full-time students by 2024.
• AgriBioTek Research Center leverages up to date technologies in the service of African agriculture challenges. It is a multidisciplinary research center with the ambition to conduct relevant and cutting-edge research with a positive impact on the African agriculture. It is based on the collaboration and synergy of several research programs targeting diverse disciplines of research in agriculture, including: Microbiome, Omics, Plant Physiology and Crop Improvement, Plant Pathology, By-products Valorization, Soil Sciences, Agronomy and Sustainable Farming…
• Center of Excellence for Soil and Fertilizer Research in Africa (CESFRA) aims to be a reference in Africa for soil analysis, soil mapping and fertilization recommendations.
• African Innovation and Technology Transfer Center (AITTC) is a sustainable farming center that is aiming to develop a network of 14 operational experimental farms in Africa in collaboration with local institutions in order to address real field challenges.
AgBS is linked to a wide network of development institutions that aim to improve agriculture in Africa.
As part of the human resource development of the Center of Soil and Fertilizer Research in Africa, it is urgently required to recruit a Project Manager whose responsibilities are presented below:
• Establish the standards for the various projects running and management: guidelines,
practices, principles and templates.
• Ensure project management standards are followed by performing continuous assessments andevaluation of projects.
• Gathering and centralizing project data and production of information for management review.
• Follow up with various legal persons and departments and guide in light on the needs forprojects
• Coordinate between the stakeholders and partners.
• Assess priority capacity building needs of CESFRA staff and stakeholders engaged.
• Prepare progress reports.
• Handle additional tasks, if any, assigned by the CESFRA head or his deputy
Education, qualifications and experience
• Engineer or master’s degree in management or related field
• Proven skills in project management
• Skills in Management of Portfolios
• Skills in Management of Value, and Management of Risk in Research linked projects
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a project manager (preferably in an academic or related institution)
• Excellent communication skills including written and oral presentation skills in French and English language.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Strong decision-making skills.
• Very Effective time management.
• Strong Problem-solving skills.
• Self-motivated and work under minimum to no supervision
1. Ability to motivate and encourage others to manage projects in accordance with project
management best practices and established procedures and guidelines.
2. Ability to operate within uncertainty and incomplete information availability while making
reasonable and most appropriate decisions.
3. Ability to anticipate and perform problem solving
4. Ability to clearly, concisely and accurately report on project progress and outcomes to the
partnership unit designated person.
5. Ability to promptly address complex projects and situations across all the units collaborate with.
6. Managing financial, capital and human resources following best practice and established
7. Ability to build a project management matrix and framework to support the achievement of the
8. Mastery of Software, Microsoft Office and Project Management Platforms
Applications and selection procedure:
Applications are to be sent on the hiring platform no later than December 15. Application folder must contain:
Selection will continue until a suitable candidate is found. The successful candidate is expected to start in January 2021